sábado, 22 de enero de 2011

Healthcare, Carrier Pigeons, Cookie and Green

Cookie the Tiger / Oxford University Press

SABADO

So, weekend! I get to be a slug. Maybe as many as 31 hours next week. With the exception of the day long intensives, that would be a record.

Taught Menchu y Teresa yesterday, so now i've seen all my students. They're all back from holidays

<> <> <>

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I'll piss on 'em
that's what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
and get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard
-Lou Reed

The US healthcare news makes me sick. Oh, well. *Now i am out of healthcare terms i can pun at you with.

In much better news, Paloma and i went out for tapas last night. The food was great; grilled veggies and rare tuna. We had some nice red wine along with it. We talked and laughed and philosophized til 12:30. We had a great time. She had Yoga early this morning so we called it a night and she dropped me off on her way home. She has a car. We're going to get together next Saturday. So, that's the Paloma report for this week. Her life is as busy as mine. But things are good. I told i would drop her a line by messenger pigeon. Paloma means dove, or pigeon. Hee hee!

i also told her in a text that someday our love child would rule the world. She still went out with me again. It must truly take a special kind of woman to fall in love with me. Truly.

Okay, coffee with my ex-boss Lydsay Buckingham at 17:00. Then Ashley is throwing a semaforo (traffic light party) at 22:00 where you wear green if you're single and red if you're taken. I think i'll just take a yellow sticker cause this is kind of a confusing time for me.

What have we done? Maggie, what have we done?
-Pink Floyd


I miss Bill Clinton. Bring back Bill! Hell, i'd probably take Nixon over the current mess.

Vale! it's 15:50. Enough. I must make like a Peyton Manning wide receiver and get in motion.

DOMINGO

I had a great time with Lyndsay Buckingham. It was nice to see her. Her husband, Javi joined us around 19:00 and then when went to Plaza Alcala. Lyndsay is promoting one of Oxford's Characters, Cookie, a tiger hand puppet. So, we went down and shot a photo of him on my hand in front of the big arch.

Then i went Ashley's party. I hung out a lot with my friend Carolyn from Long Island who i hadn't seen in weeks. I saw American Laura, the Babylon sisters, everyone was there. It was a blast.

Today? Plan lessons. Get ready to teach til i drop. 8 hours at the University alone. Bring it on....

Watch the Pack beat the Bears. Try to stay awake and hope the Jests beat the Steelers.

I loathe the Steelers.

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!

I predict an all green Superbowl! Last, check this out. People are insane.

St. Paul bar to roast bear for Packers-Bears game
PUBLISHED Sunday, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:53 am EST
SN Icon Sporting News

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A sports bar owner in Minnesota is showing his support for the Green Bay Packers in this weekend's game against the Chicago Bears in a very literal way — by roasting a bear.
Blake Montpetit, the co-owner of Tiffany Sports Lounge in St. Paul, says he plans to cook a 180-pound black bear in a pig-roaster over hickory and charcoal on Sunday. He says his cousin shot it in northern Wisconsin during bear hunting season, which runs in September and October, and then froze it.
Montpetit says he planned to serve the meat to customers, but the state health department rejected the plan because the meat is unprocessed. Instead, customers can take photos with the roasting bear.
After the game, the meat will go to his cousin's party in Somerset, Wis.
-- The Associated Press











No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario