lunes, 12 de abril de 2010

Time to Play B-Sides

Time is the essence
Time is the season
Time ain't no reason
Got no time to slow




Time everlasting
Time to play B-sides
Time ain't on my side
Time I'll never know
-Blue Oyster Cult

I sent Kid A a mixed CD. One of the songs was the above. It would be a shame, her growing up not knowing BOC. I mean, they're a Long Island band. Someday i'm sure she'll live in the NYC area.

I Skyped with her yesterday and said, "Happy Birthday Annie!"

She answered, "Happy Easter to you Jay!"

Close enough.

I also put BB King's "Hummingbird" on the CD because it has the lyric, "....oh she's little and she loves me!"

Sometimes that's all you need.

And would that we all have time to play B-sides throughout our lives now and then.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario