miércoles, 21 de julio de 2010

Brave New World





And thusly, life begins for me with a diabetic cat. Fripp is discombobulated, Bethany (Bryan's girlfriend) has a dog. She is also a vet (handy!). But Fripp is not eating so i can't give him his insulin. I did not sleep well. Nervous for Fripp i suppose. How do you you parents function when you are worried about your kids? I need to try and steal another half an hours sleep so i can drive. Drive, drive, drive. He's under the bed right now. Doesn't help that Oscar, Bryan's cat, was hissing outside. 3 people, 2 cats and a dog. It's a circus.

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.
-Doris Day

Books of summer;

Pygmy - Chuck Palahniuk
The Strain - Guillermo del Torro and Chuck Hogan
City of Thieves - David Benioff

All three were very good. My reading has slowed to a snail's pace since i've arrived back, as it usually does.

A Young Person's Guide to the Spanish Exile Blog;

Sue is now my Wex (ex-wife).
I am Sue's Hex (Ex-husband). She may or may not have referred to me with this term at other points in our relationship for altogether different reasons.

Kid A got teary eyed when she said good-bye to Frippy. I promised i would email pics of he and Mully playing. She's adorable. She said she would dream about "Frippy and Jay."

I put on some Pink Floyd (Wish you were here) for Frippy. He loves it. Maybe that will calm him down.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario