sábado, 5 de diciembre de 2009

6 Degrees of.....Celsius

You and I
We're movie-rich
We're reflected in the window
The dark night's black mirror glass
Distant lights from the wrong side of the tracks

Christmas lights
Go by in the houses
Anonymous windows
Anonymous rooms of
Anonymous souls
-Marillion

It's winter in Madrid. Finally. 6C right now at 13:00, that's like 42F.

Work is fine. I have 6 hours from Celia and the other 12 are my own students, which is great.

No band practice that night as Tamara is down with a bug. I think we'll get together to work out arrangements tomorrow.

Adios to the Dark Time

Other than that, life is fairly NORMAL. I never thought i'd see normal again. But i am sure that the Dark Time is over. I am feeling better every day. I have a flat now, and a good flatmate. I have work and great friends and family. Tuesday is Constitution Day, a holiday. Classes will be meager on Monday too. But a short rest is good. I leave the house for work around 12:15 or 13:15 and don't return until 21:00 or 22:00. So it's a long day but i love to teach (and eat and have a place to live, go out, etc...which the teaching makes possible). And no waking up at 6:30 to get to an 8am class for a lousy hour of work, which makes working so late easier.

The USA will play England, Algeria and Slovenia in the World Cup Group Stage next June. They should be able to advance to the round of 16.

Happy Birthday Nana! She would have been 94!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario