martes, 29 de diciembre de 2009

Creeping Malaise

Xmas dinner: Sofia, Caroline, El Dude, Zowie, Meaghan, Karina

i woke up ready to continue cleaning, but there was no water. It seems a 'tube' broke. We finally have water that runs clear now. It's 17:00. Ahhh! You can't clean without water! So i go to it now. Ugh! And the house is cold even though the heat is on. Bring me back, sunshine!


The hall runs like clockwork

Their hands mark out the time,
Empty in their fullness
Like a frozen pantomime.
Everyones a sales representative

Wearing slogans in their shrine.

Dishing out failsafe superlative,
Brother John is No. 9.

-Genesis


17:53

Whew! My bedroom is rearranged so that my head is not against the outside wall. And i need a wall so i can read and watch movies in bed. Time to run to the Chino (thrift store) and get a few things like a basura (waste paper basket). This room was dusty!

Phase Two - On to the Sitting Room!

Walking across the sitting-room, I turn the television off.
Sitting beside you, I look into your eyes.

As the sound of motor cars fades in the night time,

I swear I saw your face change, it didn't seem quite right.
-Genesis


Listening to:
Return of the Manticore, disc 1 - ELP.
A Young Person's Guide to King Crimson (1976) - King Crimson
Martes

It's warm and rainy. It's 55F. rain, rain, rain. It's like England. I have no idea when last i wore my sunglasses, which are usually a fixture around here. The creeping winter malaise is settling in. I here a Noreaster is going to hit CT and NY soon. Yikes!

Miercoles
00:17

Time shifts and drifts. I have a class at 8:15 tomorrow morning. Aye Carumba! I studied some Spanish tonight. Trying to improve. Not having the left ear has been a setback, but it's improving. Otherwise the left ear is fine.

My room is set up and fairly clean. The never-ending laundry continues.
And the last dregs of the year tick away.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario