sábado, 7 de noviembre de 2009

City of the Damned


There are times the past few months when i have thought that maybe i had upset the natural balance of things, that i should have died in May, but didn't. It's been a brutal few months since then. Surreal. Bad luck in bunches. I have gotten to the point where i don't want to get out of bed because i'm afraid of what new horrors await me on a daily basis.

And then i snap out of it.

I am moving again. This flat is a shit hole and the landlord is a slum lord. No Internet, and now even after i bought a cable, its dodgey. The electric circuits always blow. And the washing machine doesn't work. I just need to work out getting my money back for the deposit. He's been a dick about it so far. Maria's friend Fernando works for the Guardia Civil (police), so he's going to pay Charlie a visit.


Charlie! They took my thumbs!
- The Pope of Greenwich Village

I found a cool place to live with a friend of Joe and Susanna's, Don from Boston. He was listening to Genesis, Selling England..., when i walked in and seems like a nice guy. So that's the good news.

In 2.5 hours i will be at Vincente Calderon Stadium for the derbi between Atletico and Real Madrid. It's going be chilly!

Congrats to the Yankees. Thanks for not letting Philly win again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario