sábado, 5 de junio de 2010

Today in History....

Cuz it's my birthday
my b-b-b-birthday!
-Eric Cartman

June 5, 1968- I am born. On the same day, Robert F, Kennedy is fatally shot by Sirhan Sirhan. June 5, 1933- FDR takes the US off the gold standard. June 5, 1967 - First day of the Six Day War. Israel defeats Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. By war's end, Israel had gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The results of which fuck up the geopolitics of the region to this day. June 5, 2004- My old nemesis, Ronald Reagan dies after an all-too-long battle with Alzheimer's disease. 5th June 1944 : Following a number of crushing defeats in Europe the Allies prepare for the D-DAY landing when more than 1,000 British bombers drop 5,000 tons of bombs on German gun batteries on the Normandy coast. June 5, 1981: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a report announcing that cases of rare pneumonia were found among five homosexual men in Los Angeles, California which was later identified as the Aids Virus.

You know what, June 5th kind of sucks. With the exception of me being born and Reagan dying, very little good happened. Screw this. I'm going back to bed. Wake me up for the gig!

Look so good should you when 800 years you reach, um?
-Yoda, Return of the Jedi





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario