jueves, 16 de diciembre de 2010

2011, a time space/anomaly


Writing end of year evals for my students. Then out the door in five minutes to watch the 1st half of Atletico and Bayern Leverkusen. Then Teach at 20:00 til 22:00. Then maybe just home. Long day manana. Then it ends off with a party at Maria's with Paloma and I. I'll get to Getafe about 23:30

Listening to:

The White Album - The Beatles
The Valleys of Neptune - Jimi Hendrix
Mojo - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Out of the Tunnel's Mouth - Steve Hackett
Spirit of St. Louis (Bootleg, 1980) - Rush
Djam Karet - Reflections from the Firepool

Viernes

1:56

I went to the open mike at Triskell. I was supposed to meet Pete and Elaine but they never showed. However, with Tamara gone and us being mum about future plans, two different sets of people ask if i was interested in drumming with them in a band. I told them i was most likely gone in August. They said 'no problem'. I told both groups i wanted to play progressive rock, and they said 'no problem'. Still not sure if i'm game. But it is enticing. And flattering, of course. If i play with another band in Madrid, it has to be something different. Pete, Tam and I were a core, a family, so it just wouldn't feel right continuing without them.

Plus, i want to get into a more progressive band. I loved the From Lost to the River Music, but we were just getting much more prog when it ended. So it goes. But I believe i am ready to make that leap of faith. Maybe finally i am capable of playing such beautiful, brainiac, Siren music. I was utterly surprised how much i loved the last recording of the Platypus, which i think i sent most ye the other day, which was basically just a big jam at Mark's house. But usually live we are four of us - although we have done the three piece thang in VT. But this jam is just the three of us, recorded live and sounds full, lively, and with some of Mark's production, sounds great. This is an exciting step for us. Especially with the whole 'the drummer lives on another continent thingy.' Anyway, it always seems to work. I have musician friends i love to play with on two continents. That has to be a good thing.

Has anyone seen my pants? I hate the cursed things but it's -4C (25F) here and dropping. Way colder than we've been all year. It dropped like 4C in an hour!

Fucking pants. Donde estas?

Hate them Hate them Hate them.

Will it really be 2011? When i was a kid, i thought i'd at least have a F@*king spaceship by now!

42 years old, no space ship.

It's just rather disappointing.

I'm going to bed. I'll fall asleep to something in 7/8 time. Tom Sawyer maybe. Or Money.
Sabado


I am in love with Brian's sister, Elaine, who is visiting from Dublin. She is a writer and age appropriate. Venga!

1 comentario:

  1. Your girlfriend is FINE! But as a plastic surgeon, you very much need EYEBALL REDUCTION SURGERY.

    ResponderEliminar