miércoles, 8 de diciembre de 2010

Sympathy for the Disheveled


I tried to warn you about Gino and Daddy G But i can't seem to get to you through the US mail
-Steely Dan

19:47 Captain's log;

This is the 901st blog since i started in Jan of 2007. Hard to believe. I expect to be back in the USA about the 1st of Aug, which means i should hit 1,000 entries before we are done. That's a post every 1.6 days. Almost 4 years. That's 1,461 days. Now that's what i call an exile. I'll try not make the last season suck (like Lost did.)

Today was a holiday, as was Monday. No class on Monday. One yesterday. Everyone took a
puente (bridge) weekend. What would be what we call a long weekend. I am cleaning my room. Looking for a new flat. Teaching. The endless cycle. I may try to sell my drums sooner rather than later. More space.

More fucking rain tomorrow. It's like London.
And laundry. Hard to dry laundry when it's been raining every day since last Friday.

But what's puzzling you

Is the nature of my game

-The Rolling Stones

At least i have 7 or 8 hours of class tomorrow. Maybe another 4 on Friday.

If anyone hears of some teaching opportunities in the USA for someone of my somewhat varied background, please let me know.

Time to take out the trash. Then eat. And i need a goddamned light bulb too.

21:49

Damn. Do i know how to cook Paella Shrimp! Madre de dios! I think i ate a pound. I just skipped the rice.

I had to buy a new charger for my Mac. I guess it just died. Or Martin gnawed on it, although the place where i could see wire was in knot, so it could have just happened. However, i now only let him in my room when i am present. Chaperoned, i guess you could say.

I am just chilling tonight. Watching some more Battlestar Galactica. I can't recommend this new re-imagined version highly enough. I was talking about it last night with my friend Ashley, who turned me on to it about a year and a half ago. Intelligent. Gritty. It asks some really tough questions. If you watch it and don't like it you can make me eat a pound of shrimp. :)


Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint


So pardon me while i wax nostalgic. i mean, i am burning candles.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario