lunes, 11 de junio de 2012

Squackett


I can't stop thinking big
I can't stop thinking big
In a world where I feel so small
I can’t stop thinking big


-Rush


13:41

I am listening to the new Squackett album, A Life Within A Day, The first collaboration between Steve Hackett (Genesis) and Chris Squire (Yes.) I am pleasantly surprised. I don't expect much of new Hackett stuff these days, just because the production sounds the same as it did in 80's. And while it's not very proggy, there's some interesting stuff. 

Also cool is Neil Young's Americana, which is he and Crazy Horse re-working old classics such as O' Susannah, Clementine and She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain. It's in your face, grinding rock and roll. I like it. 

So just a slew of interesting releases here in early June. 

Wow, some of this Squackett stuff is quite interesting. It's a bit edgier than Hackett's last few albums. And of course it doesn't hurt to be playing with one of the best bassists of all time. 


The Fucket List 

Finish editing Buying New Soul with Vicky 

Ride the Teleferico  
Lunch by the lake at the Uruguayan Barbecue
Watch my last Euro Cup while i live here
Beers by the statue of Ángel caído
Visit North of Spain

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario