viernes, 1 de junio de 2012

Now i roast me down to sleep...





Hot, hot, hotter than hell
You know she's gonna leave you well done
Hot, hot, hotter than hell
Burn you like the midday sun

-Kiss


Books I read May 20121

The Lifeboat - Charlotte Rogan
Kill the Dead (Sandman Slim 2) - Richard Kadrey
Tik Tok - John Sladek
The Postman - David Brin
The Dead and the Gone - Susan Beth Pfeffer (last survivors 2)
This world we live in (last survivors 3) - Susan Beth Pfeffer

The Lifeboat was good, about survivors at sea after a shipwreck in 1914.) It's fiction. Quite good.

Tik Tok is about a robot who rebels. Futurama's Bender was influenced by this character. It was awesome. "Kiss my copper-plated ass, you shitbag."

The Postman is oustanding. Post-apocalyptic. Way better than the idiotic film Kevin Costner did in 1997. 

Also post-apocalyptic and gripping as hell were the last two books of The Last Survivors trilogy.  I read the first one a few weeks ago. I cannot say enough about them. Deals with some terrifying things, but the fact that it's written for young adults means it doesn't go too far. Kind of like The Hunger Games

I ♡ my Kindle. I can find anything i want even though i am in Madrid. 


€ Watch
Spain is now considered the epicenter of Euro crisis. Has something to do with Bankia asking for €30B .I knew it was coming. I am leaving at the right time. Adios Espana. Que casi no te conocí (good-by Spain, we hardly knew ye.) Is it really any wonder my reading list has been full of post-apocalyptic novels?

And it's hot. Broiling hot. It's 93F. It's only June 1st!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario