domingo, 23 de mayo de 2010

The Sacred and the Profane

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.
-Talking Heads



I cleared up the problem with my health insurance and i am covered again! Who wants to go play in a dumpster outside a hospital? Play chicken throwing knives? Eat fugu and other potentially poisonous pieces of sushi? Dance on an awning? Ride a starving killer whale?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?

It was an aggravating process, but it worked out. Of course they tried to charge me for the time i was without coverage and i told them to bite my ass.

Played with my friend Margarita yesterday. She sings, plays guitar, writes her own stuff with programming and everything, very talented. I basically had to teach myself how to play like a drum machine. D'oh! But Neil Peart did the same thing when he came up for the drums for The Weapon off of Rush's Signals album, so at least i'm in good company. She's a great singer and guitarist. Her friend Javi plays lead guitar and myself on drums makes three.

But it was really cool to play something so different. Makes the brainwaves move in a different way.

I practice with From Lost to the River tonight from 19:30 -22:30. Gig in two weeks! Yeah!

Playing 4 or 5 hours a week is good both to keep my skills honed and for aerobic exercise.

Last year the doctors said i was in great shape. I can only attribute that to all the walking and playing drums.

And by the way. It was over a year ago that i was mugged. The 21st into the 22nd. Thankfully, I am alive and well. Much gratitude to all of you who helped me and stood by me through all that. I will never forget it.

Morena Baccarin (Anna from the new V ) is both hot and evil. That's dangerous combo. I like it!

The fugu is fugly. But tasty, i hear. I bet Morena Baccarin is too.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario