domingo, 8 de enero de 2012

každý obrázek

English translation from Czech - Every Picture


Count Chocula's Castle, Praha (Prague)

                                                                                                        
every picture tells a story, don't it?
-Rod Stewart

14:00

Must get out of bed. But being in my own bed is wonderful after hopping from bed to bed for a week. I went to J&J's and saw my other family. I was shot by 23:00, came home, showered and went to bed. Now buy some food, cook it and do some laundry. Then go watch the Giants with The Welsh Witch (she's never watched an NFL game) but she knows rugby.





It's good to be home. Work manana. Ugh. Thus it begins again.






Music to unpack to:

Ghosts - Frequency Drift
Karmic Relief - The Adults
Herd of Instinct - Herd of Instinct
To Shatter all Accord - Discipline

Yesterday was my 5th Spanniversary. Ah, Madrid, you filthy saucy wench. But you are home.


The Original Budweiser (Budvar) from the Czech Republic. It was my favorite of all the great beers i tasted.


Hapsburg Palace, Wien (Vienna)


Beautiful. Gaudy. What a bunch of pompous, inbred, horses' asses.

But their reign came to an end with defeat in WWI, as it did for the German Kaiser at the same time. The Fall of Giants  by Ken Follet is a brilliant novel about the First World War. I reccommend it very highy. AND the Mum bought me a Kindle for Xmas (Mel and Jan a gift card) so no more lugging around 1,000 page hard covers. Woo hoo! I began reading The Golden Compass (book 1 of the His Dark Materials Trilogy  by Phillip Pullman. Say hello to the digital age of reading! You press BUY and it downloads to your fingertips in seconds. It's amazing!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario