sábado, 25 de febrero de 2012

Tales of North America

Good morning North America, home continent of mine! Yesterday I taught til 21:00. Then i popped by J&J's and saw this wierd but fun couple (he's from Montana, she's from Calgary.) He tells stories about his friends smoking crystal meth in Montana and how they all can't drive because they've all lost their licenses 3 or 4 times. I turned to the gal (I'll be damned if i can ever remember either of their names as i only see them once every six months ) and said "And this is why no matter how much Montana's population grows, we will never give them more than 4 electoral votes in the Presidential Election." She laughed and said, "That's a good decision."


Most of what i know about crystal meth comes from movies or television (Spun , Breaking Bad ) and what i've read. Obviously, it's all bad. I was explaining to them that it doesn't seem to be a North Eastern problem. But other parts of the country, yes. I read that when Mississippi cracked down on crystal meth that people starting smoking and injecting synthetic bath salts, so now they are regulating those as well. What the hell is wrong with all of us?


I went back to my mother
I said, "I'm crazy ma, help me."
She said, "I know how it feels son,
'Cause it runs in the family."

-The Who


Then the place started to fill up with all the already drunk 25 year old Brits for the quiz, so i paid my tab and vanished into the night.


I never said i wasn't a drama queen. 


Later today i'll meet the Welsh Witch. Looking forward to that. Right now i have about 50 pages left in book 3 of Murakami's 1Q84. The three books together are 925 pages, so it's been an odyssey. 


More birthdays - 


Sarah Graves (Madrid)
Meagan McFadden (NJ - my god daughter!)







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario