- First Seahawks playoff game since 2007 season. Woo hoo! I like the Hawks +10.5. I think they have a chance to win, but it's a long shot. Betting is legal here but i don't think they have football Americano. It's difficult to remember that the 'Hawks used to be in the playoffs every year.
Here's the skinney;
- RB's Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas are out for NO. This means Reggie One Fraudulent Heisman in Hand is worth two in the Bush and Orange Julius Jones will get most of the work. Jones was cut by the Hawks earlier this year. Jones is a shadow of the back he once was with Dallas. Bush has been hurt, has very few rushing yards, and doesn't respond well to being pounded by defenses. But he is a threat to catch slants and crap like that.
- The Saints are 0-3 all time in Road playoff games. Qwest field is a nasty place to play.
- The Saints have a short week and have to fly 2,097.29 miles. It's the equivalent of a 14:30 start, Central Time.
- Brees passed for 4,620 yards and had 33 TD's, but also had 22 INT's.
- NO looked awful vs. Tampa in NO, but they really had nothing to play for as Atlanta losing to CAR was improbable. Tampa also crushed Seattle in TB.
- They have to not commit turnovers and force at least 2.
- Forsett is key. He's more mobile at RB. Lynch is the a nice switch as a battering ram
- I would start Hass and then bring in Whitehurst maybe every third series to keep The NO defense guessing. It's risky, but the Hawks are playing with house money.
- Knocking Brees out of the game wouldn't hurt.
Team Averages & NFL Ranks
|TEAM OFFENSE||TEAM||PER GAME AVERAGE|
|TEAM DEFENSE||TEAM||PER GAME AVERAGE|
|Pass Yds Allowed||NOR|
|Rush Yds Allowed||NOR|
Head to Head Matchups (Since 2001)
|Series tied 2-2|
|Nov 21, 2010||NOR 34, SEA 19|
|Oct 14, 2007||NOR 28, @SEA 17|
|Sep 12, 2004||NOR 7, SEA 21|
|Sep 7, 2003||NOR 10, @SEA 27|