sábado, 1 de enero de 2011

there's no place like 2011

Iceland, April 3, 2010

SO much more to do. Said goodbye to Pete. It's just me now, from Lost to the River. Fallado. Fucked.





Same as it ever was

-The Talking Heads

i see UConn is in the Fiesta Bowl. CT always makes me think of Mexico.

The Governor of Pennsylvania is f^*king A@*hole who likes to rob old ladies and shag little puppies. And he's wuss.

Bed. Tomorrow's going to be crazy.

JUEVES

15:45

listening to

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree
8 Days Later - The Pineapple Thief
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

18:13

The Police just came to my door. Looking for Emilo. No one named Emilio lives with us. Elena is not home. She is NEVER not home. Looks like a setup. But i gave them my drivers license. They asked for my passport. I said it was at my new flat. Luckily i had a photocopy to give my new landlord (that i made 4 hours ago.) If they checked the stamps in my passport i would have been screwed. 15 years of sales, a lifetime of thinking creatively saved me. I am a little shaken. And the movers will be here in 1:50 minutes. My life. My fucking fucking fucking life. But i was lucky. Okay - next. Vomit (nerves), shower, finish pack and then blow this Popsicle stand for a new life. There's no place like 2011. There's no place like 2011!

I should take her flat screen with me. Fucking whore. Or let the cat outside. Ah, but he's asleep and so stupid. Look at him. Time to vomit.

Put on Permanent Waves. Breathe. Breathe.

SABADO

17:15

Happy 2011! I went to a party with the gang from J&J's and had a great time. Then we went to Peor. Then i went home at 7:00. But i am still bitter that we don't all have personal space ships yet. When i was young, i really thought that would have happened by now.

Thursday was Polly's birthday. We went to Fabula, a bar, and when that closed at 2:00 we went to J&J's, went in the back door, and were there until 7:00.

I need to stop waking up at 15:00 or 16:00 in the afternoon. I need to organize my room. I need a glass of water.

SO today is the beginning of the rest of my life. The last months in Madrid. Am i terrified about coming back to the US? Yes. Of course. Change is always scary. But i'll survive. I need to start looking for a job via Internet.

But before i look at where i'm going, i should look at where i've been.

>I lived in 5 different flats in Madrid this year.
>Spain won it's first World Cup.
>Rush played Moving Pictures in its entirety (the Camera Eye!)
>An Earthquake devastated Haiti (even moreso)
>Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano caused havoc for European air traffic
>Spain was ridden with Metro strikes, air traffic controller strikes, etc. You would think with unemployment at 20% here people would be happy to have their jobs
>Greece and Ireland had to be bailed out financially
> Wayward Platypus recorded Brunch with the River Man as a three piece band
>From Lost to the River is done, 2 1/2 years later
>I began teaching at the Graduate level in IEDE's MBA program

Quite a year. It was exhausting. I'm going back to sleep.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario