sábado, 28 de mayo de 2011

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Me


Let's tell the future
Let's see how it's been done.

By dreams.
By the features.
By letters.

By dropping hot wax into water.
By nails reflecting the rays of the sun.
By walking in a circle.
By red hot iron.
By passages in books.
A balanced hatchet.
-Suzanne Vega

Well, many of you have asked if i'm coming home this summer and i haven't answered, so apologies for that. I had to wait until i had a plan in place.

For the words of the profits were written on the studio wall concert hall
-Rush

I've looked at job opportunities and the USA is slashing the education budget like they were Freddy Kruger. When the Federal Government almost shut down this year, the Republicans proposed cutting all funding for teaching American history (NY TIMES). Can you imagine?!!

So do me a favor and give me the good news first

-Rush


The good news is that i am going to stay in Madrid for another year. I like my flat, my housemate, i have a job, healthcare and friends here.

The bad news is that to save money and keep working, i won't be coming home this summer. I will miss not seeing you all this summer but after coming back 5 times in the last 4 years, well...., i just need to be a bit more frugal.

But there is an upside. We have a guest room. With a second bathroom. So..... any of you who would like to visit are welcome to stay with me. I know that times are hard with the economy sucking ass and that a lot of you have kids, so that you made need to make a choice between bringing your spouse or only one child, but i guess that's what dice were made for.

Roll the bones
-Rush

But seriously, you are all welcome to stay here. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring; the door she is open.

....As is the future.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario