miércoles, 24 de agosto de 2011

Quake in VA


Earthquake in VA? WTF? I spoke with Sue and she and Annie are fine. Sue said she was in a 12 floor building at Tyson's Corner when it hit. They thought an airplane had hit the building. Annie was at daycare/preschool and they made all the children go into the bathroom, get on the floor, and cover their heads. Poor Little Awesome Annie! I read it was felt all the way up on Martha's Vineyard, which is where Obama was with is family. Crazy.

First it was The Pentagon on 9/11. Then the Anthrax scare. Then the sniper who terrorized the DC Area for a month. In September, 2003, Hurricane Isabel hit Virginia with winds of 115 mph and became the costliest disaster in VA's history. 1.8 million were without power. I was one. No power for 4 days. I had to empty the entire fridge. Luckily, Sue was traveling so i just took care of it all myself. The DC Area has had 3 blizzards in the last two years, all over a foot of snow. And now, a 5.8 earthquake. So what's my point? Screw that! I am never living in that area again. That's only in the last ten years!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario