sábado, 7 de julio de 2012

Future shock: Portland





One month from manana i am coming home. But my home has been in Madrid for the last 5 years. 


Home is the North East. Northern VA? Not anymore. NJ? That was a long time ago. CT? It's been my home almost every summer for the best 5 years. Yes, CT will do for a start. 


My long term plan focuses on Portland.


"Portland, Oregon?" people ask. 


"I'm moving back home to be close to my family and friends. I'm 8 hours away by plane now. It would be rather idiotic to move back but live 5 hours away by plane. I'd just be changing directions. Portland, Maine."


Lobsters. Kayaking. Nice summers. The beach. Medical marijuana. Shack up with a motorcycle mama and live in sin. Buy a cat and call him Hackett. Teach high school literature and writing. Write another novel. Sounds idyllic, doesn't it?


The Portland File:
Population - 66,000
Distance from Ansonia CT - 243 miles
Flight - 1 hour 25 minutes Portland (PWM) to LaGuardia (LGA). 


I will put up with cold and snow to not hate summer anymore. In combination; Jamaica, Northern VA and Madrid have made me hate the heat. 


One month. First stop, Connecticut, the Constitution State.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario