sábado, 19 de marzo de 2011

Welcome to the PRC





One sound, one single sound

One kiss, one single kiss

A face outside the window pane
However did it come to this?

-Pink Floyd


Not the Grand Old Party
The GOP (Gay Obsessive Peruvian), Juan, who i rent from, never brought more propane, even though i told him it was running out three weeks ago. His is so cheap and lazy and doesn't now how to cook. He microwaves everything and only eats pre-cooked stuff. He scolded me when i walked in at 00:00 on Tues for taking one of his rolls of toilet paper. He told me a few weeks ago that he wanted me to move. I told him to fuck off. I'm either not moving (you can stay in a flat for like 4 months without even paying how the laws work here). Or if i move in May Maria and i will discuss me living there til the end of July.

I really don't care that he's gay (Gay sister, Gay friends- no worries!, and i really don't like thinking about anyone having sex but me) except the guys he has over are creepy. It does bother me that he's crazy obsessive and effeminate as hell. He's a gay man with fake Hispanic machismo. The last guy he had over, they were both sitting drinking 16oz cans of beer with sports jackets on. WTF?

And still this ceaseless murmuring
The babbling that I brook
The seas of faces, eyes upraised
The empty screen, the vacant look
-Pink Floyd

After i was here too weeks, he said, "You are a very good cook." I just looked at him like it was a joke. "I'm cooking grilled cheese," i said. I mean, c'mon. Colin T. or Brendan S. could cook grilled cheese. I bet i could teach a chimp to do it.

And he's accused me of being dirty ( my room's a wreck but i am the only one who cleans the kitchen and bathroom, i'm never in the sitting room). I clean up after myself.

But here's the spot on truth. I've never heard or seen him come out of the shower. He does not bath. I have other friends who say their male Peruvian flatmates also never bathe. But having OCD does not mean you are clean. It means adhering to your stupid set of rules and guidelines. Trust me, i know.

A man in black on a snow white horse,
A pointless life has run its course,
The red rimmed eyes, the tears still run
As he fades into the setting sun
-Pink Floyd

SO La Profesora and i will talk. Maybe i'll go back to Getafe for the last few months.


Not the People's Republic of China
Things were going so well. Bayside, new flat. Then it all imploded. Getafe is so far away. But how can i find a place for 3 months. I hate people who are SO difficult to live with. How can you be 31 and not know about personal hygiene or know how to cook? But that's life in the PRC (Peruvian Refugee Camp, which i call my house). And i don't say a thing. He has a PROBLEM with me. I am a very demanding renter. I expect the toilet to work (you have to shut the water off or it runs, so the you have to fill the tank before you flush). You have to wear shoes in the kitchen because nothing is properly grounded and you get a shock when you turn on a light or put clothes in the washer in bare feet. And i expect gas so i can use the stove top. The oven has never worked.

Welcome to the PRC.

Well, some day i'll be dead. That's the good news! Then i won't have to worry about all this shit! I just need to hang on for the next 40 - 50 years.


I will always be here
I will always look out from behind these eyes
It's only a lifetime
It's only a lifetime
It's only a lifetime
-Pink Floyd

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario