sábado, 3 de diciembre de 2011

Gøran's Birthday Curry From the Outside Looking In

VIERNES

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
But I've found an ancient miracle
I thought that you should know
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you
-Rush







listening to;

A Trick of the Tail - Genesis
Zooma - John Paul Jones
Live at Red Rocks 1983 - Joni Mitchell
Bare Trees - Fleetwood Mac
Live in the Studio 1975- Fleetwood Mac
Live at Shepherd's Bush 30-10-11: Steven Wilson
Different Stages (disc 1) - Rush
Mellon Collie and... - Smashing Pumpkins
Waterfall Cities - Ozric Tentacles
Colour Collection - Suzanne Vega
Live in Oklahoma City OK, 2011 


The Caps fired Bruce Boudreau and brought in dale Hunter. It's worth a shot. Hunter was bad ass and the Caps play like Cheesy Poofs when they get in the playoffs. Plus, they've already begun to swoon. A lot of playoff spots are blown between Dec and Feb.

The Euro 2012 draw was tonight at 19:00 GMT+1. Spain will play Italy, Ireland and Croatia. It all starts June 8, 2012. They are trying to be the first team to ever repeat as back to back champions. that will be a blast.

SABADO   

13:07

I should get my ass in gear to go out for curry with Gøran and everyone else. It's in Lavapies and i can walk. How sweet is that?

The Seahawks won on Thursday because i was not watching. Way to fuck up the draft order.

Don't annoy us further!
We have our work to do
Just think about the average
What use have they for you?
Another toy that helped destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesn't fit the Plan
-Rush


13:41

It's 46F out. I'm going to have to pull my long coat out of the storage suitcase and sew that damn button back on. Going to need in for the Central European Tour. 

Okay- Amario (wardrobe) repair done. The magnet on the door that keeps it shut pulled out from the shelf. Nothing a wee but of glue shouldn't help. 

I am teaching a lot of grammar these days cuz the students need it. I'm getting to know a lot of the grammar inside out. But the passive tense still pisses me off. Stupid tense. 


DOMINGO

They left the planet long ago
The elder race still learn and grow
Their power grows with purpose strong
To claim the home where they belong
Home to tear the Temples down...
Home to change!
-Rush

What an awesome lunch! Curry with 20 friends. Everyone was there; Carla, Amanda, Dave,  Josh, Nicola, Vicente, Tweedy, Miguel, Brynn, Guadeloupe, Mary,etc. The Madras Curried Cordero (lamb.) was sensational and fiery. Washed it down with Cobra Beer, India's finest.Lunch lasted about 3 hours. And then, to show they appreciated the business, the owner's brought out a bottle of vodka and a bottle of rum, on the house. I've haven't eaten and drank like that for years. It was crazier than Thanksgiving. Two hours after we ate, Amanda was like; "I'm so full, i'm going to die." 
Then we went out for some more drinks. I threw in the towel around 22:00. Gøron had a great time. He is one of my good friends here. He always is the bartender for Bender 'Tuesday. He even picked up lunch for us. You pronounce his name like Euron (a character in a Feast for Crows) or Yu-Ron. It looks like Goran when written with an American Keyboard,and i just discovered i have an ø in my character palette, so i call write it properly; Gøran. You try it at home, "Yuron." He's Norwegian. 


Marcondes just told me that will be getting his Spanish citizenship in a month. I think he and Eduardo are actually married, which you can do here. I've never found any opposition here to gays getting married here with any of my students. No one cares about other people's sex lives. Imagine what that would be like? How is the USA so advanced and so backwards at the same time? So great yet so psychotic? So benevolent yet so greedy? I suppose a lot of great countries could say the same thing. Maybe it's more magnified  for me because i teach  a lot of classes on some of this stuff. Maybe it is because i have an outside view. Looking thru the window from the outside looking in, if you will.







The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh and sadly smile
And lie a while in bed
I wish that it might come to pass
Not fade like all my dreams..
-Rush

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario