jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2011

Lemmings


16:40

And through the wire You are secure
And through the wire We can talk
And through the wire We can walk
It's through the wire




And through the wire You are secure
And through the wire We can talk
And through the wire We can walk
And through the wire We're clinging like leeches
And through the wire We push out tailor made speeches
And through the wire We get so strange across the border
We get so strange across the border
-Peter Gabriel

XMAS RACE 2012
The mad dash til Xmas continues. Personally, i celebrate it being the shortest day of winter.  Each day after that will be a tad bit longer than the last until Jun. 21. And the never sets in Madrid come summer. But everyone here is in full on Xmas mode; Xmas parties and The Great Guirri Scattering is beginning. Sarah leaves next week, Carolyn on sat., American Laura and Tim next Thurs. The Welsh Pixie leaves on the 23. And seeing my family grows ever closer. 2 weeks!


Another working day has ended
Only the rush hour hell to face
Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes
Contestants in a suicidal race
-The Police

Quite a year. I became the first member in my family to be a nomad. In case you were wondering, it sucks! Don't try it. 

Frippy went to the Great Litter Box in the Sky. His litter box will never be dirty again. He loved a fresh box. I loved that guy.

I got to teach in the MBA program the Universidad de Europa. That was sweet. And there's lots of work again in general. 

And i found a good flat to live in with these guys.

I am listening to Julie Slick, the bassist. Her first solo album is mad. Phenomenal!

So i had a class cancelled so i finally have time to breath since the weekend. I saw Carolyn for a few drinks cuz it was the last time i'd see her before The Scattering. This will be my 4th Xmas in Madrid. Damn. 

Marcondes stop me in the hall today. "You're growing a beard," he said. "You look very handsome."
Not something one of my straight friends would say, but that's fine. O Brave New World!

My room is warm and my eggs are hard boiled and cooling in the kitchen.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario