lunes, 19 de diciembre de 2011

countdown to Xmas

LUNES 

Music 2011

very disappointing; 

A Scarcity of Miracles (a King Crimson Project)-Jakszyk, Fripp, and Collins. 


And with Tony Levin and Gavin Harrison as the rhythm section, how does this suck so badly? I love this guys but this sounds like Kenny G with a few spacey KC moments thrown in. Alternate title; A Travesty of Mush

King of Limbs - Radiohead
Snore! Is this even music or is it just techno-masturbation?

50 Words for Snow - Kate Bush
Sparse piano and sonic vocals that make up songs of 8, 11 and 13 minutes. It won't just put you to sleep, it'll put you in a coma. I have only one word for Snow - No.

Albums that are in the running for the coveted Top 3 of the year;

2 - Black Country Communion
Green Naugahyde - Primus
Grace for Drowning - Steven Wilson
Absalom - Stick Men
I'm With You - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Great Civilizations - Skysaw
The Great Escape Artist - Jane's Addiction
Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will - Mogwai

Only three hours of class today. It must be the holidays. 

Freaking cold today. It'll  go below freezing tonight. But i have a real wall heater in my room now. Very nice and more efficient with electricity. And it has auto setting, so i just set it for 19 or 20C and it's fine. It turns off when the room is hot. I'm so upscale! It was a good night the night i met Eduardo a few months ago and decided to move in here. Marcondes isn't the brighest bulb on the Xmas tree and his Spanish sounds like French because his pronunciation is awful. So everything sounds Portuguese, which always sounds like French to me.  But he's a really sweet guy. He means well. He's very friendly. Effusive even. 


And less than two weeks from now will be the Central European Tour 2012. That'll be great to see Mum and Mel and Janet. 


The new Mogwai album is impressive. Some great sounds. It's kind of very palatable prog rock. I like it a lot. I'd like this new band, whatever it is and whoever is in it, to have them as a bit of an influence. I don't care if we hardly have vocals. I could see a song or two if worse came to worse. I'd rather not, but it is what it is.  Once i sang all the songs behind the kit when Tamara was waiting for the doctor for hours. It nearly killed me. And my drumming was not nearly as precise. But, if it's just a few songs i sing, i can strip down the drums for those songs. 




MIERCOLES






Class at 13:30 cancelled but i get paid. Yeah! Then class at 15:30, 17:30 and 19:30. Then to J&J's to get Dave's keys so that i can feed his cat, Spez, until the 28. Tweedie was feeding her but he is going to England for Xmas. So, once again, i am the Cat Keeper. I must have been Egyptian in a past life. I love cats. 








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario