miércoles, 23 de noviembre de 2011

Day 1,789

21:06



Happy Spanksgiving everyone! As i sit here in my Madrid flat, i hope you have a healthy and a happy one. Manana, Spanksgiving, will be the 1,789th day of my self imposed Spanish Exile. I remember all the reasons why i left. The reasons why i haven't returned escape me now.

And all the time that's passed me by.....
it hardly seems to matter now...
not now
-Genesis

Things i am thankful for:


  • Mum
  • The Seester
  • Sue, Annie and Frippy
  • Kevin and Pat (my brothers) and their families
  • Maria
  • All my family and friends on both sides of the Atlantic
  • Teaching English
  • My flat and cool flatmates
  • Music
  • Books
  • Writing
  • Seeing the Fambly in January!
  • My comfy chair
  • The fact that i found out the Dodgey Brooklyner was insane in a relatively short amount of time
  • That the NFL season is almost over for the Seahawks
  • That tomorrow is always a new day
  • That when i do a ludicrous search for images with keywords like Spanksgiving that i find there are people just as delightfully warped as i am. Que Bien!
I work til 21:30 manana. Then Maria will meet me at my flat for a Spanksgiving Day dinner of pollo asado (roast chicken) and ensalada (salad.) And then i teach like 17 hours on Friday.

 So, that's very nice 'actual' Thanksgiving day plan. Then to Laura's i think on Sat.

Maybe next year in the USA? 

Next year in Jerusalem!


George Carlin
We're having something a little different this year for Thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we're having a swan. You get more stuffing.
Jon Stewart
I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.

Johnny Carson
Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Turkey: A large bird whose flesh, when eaten on certain religious anniversaries has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario