jueves, 13 de octubre de 2011

The New World Re-visited



Listening to;
Quadrophenia - the Who
New Blood - Peter Gabriel

Trying to resolve a week long battle with city bank. I hate them with every fiber of my existence.

6 hours today
8 hours manana

Sidebar; yesterday's Chairman of the Hispania Day Parade, Bender Bending Rodriguez, was hecho en Mexico.

Can you see real me?
-The Who

I had a lot to say when i sat down, but if forgot it all. I taught at 9:00 this morning. I am not used to getting up so early. My schedule is slanted very late. But it's filling up. I'm looking at about 27 hours a week.

I am a man who looks after the pigs
Usually I get along okay.
I am man who reveals all he digs,
Should be more careful what I say.
-The Who

Otherwise all is well. Bender Tuesday was a fun one as no one had to work the next day. We were out til about 2:30. I walked American Laura home and crashed on her couch. I woke up to pee in the wee hours when it was still pitch black. I opened my eyes. Where i am? Next to the couch was a drying rack with a white sheet over it. My eyes went to it. It looked like a gurney with a sheet over it. Holy Shit! i thought. Am i in the morgue? And then i it all came to me. I still couldn't see jack but knew the layout of her flat. i found the bathroom and then went back to sleep.

I'm coming down
Got home on the very first train from town.
My dad just left for work
He wasn't talking.
It's all a game,
'Cos inside I'm just the same,
My fried egg makes me sick
First thing in the morning.
-The Who

It's been warm. Cool in the morning but 86 - 88F during the day. It's October 13th! Crazy. The Tigers look like they are done. The Brewers need to knot up their series with St' Louis tonight or they are toast too. A Texas / St. Louis would interest me about as much as contracting (Billy Ray) Syphilis. But sometimes that is the way things go down.

You declared you would be three inches taller
You only became what we made you.
Thought you were chasing a destiny calling
You only earned what we gave you.
You fell and cried as our people were starving,
Now you know that we blame you.
You tried to walk on the trail we were carving,
Now you know that we framed you.
-The Who

And yesterday Chairman Bender issued a collective apology to both North and South America.
"Sorry about the whole genocide thing all those years ago, meatbags. Our bad."

My karma tells me
You've been screwed again.
If you let them do it to you
You've got yourself to blame.

It's you who feels the pain

It's you that takes the shame.
-The Who

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario